Homeward Trails is our favorite animal rescue organization and the email they just sent out (linked above) is pretty heartbreaking. They recently took in some animals who need a lot of help, such as…
- Duckie and Dovie, two animals that were constrained and starved and let out to die:
- Freeway, who was dumped on a highway and covered in motor oil:
- Nash, who was shot and then mauled by dogs:
AND they just moved into a larger facility, adoptions are down, and they are running low on funds. You can help by:
- Adopting an animal, obviously. Or foster an animal. We used to foster for them but at four cats and two dogs we are at capacity. They are wonderful to work with, honestly.
- Donating any amount of money to them. No amount is too small.
- Or, if you have the time, come to today’s fund raiser at Dogfish Head Alehouse in Falls Church, VA. Just buy a beer or a sandwich. A portion of all sales today go to Homeward Trails. We’ll be there at some point. Come say hey and tell me how much you loved Prometheus and maybe I’ll buy you a drink.
- Consider buying your pet supplies from PetMac. We shop exclusively at PetMac as proceeds go to Homeward Trails.
- Sign up for their newsletters in order to keep up-to-date with other fund raisers and community happenings.
- There are plenty of other suggestions on how you can help at their website, including direct links to Amazon where 10% of proceeds will go to Homeward Trails, volunteering opportunities, and information on how you can donate supplies.
This is a great charity and they need help. Please consider.