Ever wonder why there are no Clints in comic books (except for Hawkeye, of course)?
Follow this formula:
- 99% of all comics use all caps in the balloons. This is done primarily so that there would be no tails hanging for lower-case gs and js and ps and qs.
- For the capital ‘I,’ you only use the crossbars if you’re typing the pronoun, as in “I WENT TO THE STORE.”
- If the ‘I’ appears in the middle of the word, you drop the crossbars.
- Now imagine seeing CLINT in print without the crossbars. It looks a lot like the dreaded c-word.
- Therefor, never name your comic characters CLINT.